The Cash Count feature allows you count the cash you have in your register in a convenient manner. It is recommended that you cash count at least once before your batch ends. This will allow you to keep track of the cash that you entered in the software with the actual dollar amounts you have in your cash register.
What does Short, over or Good to go mean?
Short: When you are short, the amount of cash you have in your register is less than the amount that was calculated in the software.
Over: When you are over, the amount of cash you have in your register is more than the amount that was calculated in the software.
Good to go!: When you see this message, it means that the amount of cash you have in your register matches the amount that was calculated in the software.
- Right click anywhere on the screen to access quick links.
- Click on Cash Count.
- On the top, you will see the amount of cash you have in your register according to the software's calculation,
- The left side will tell you the amount of cash you have counted/entered and the right side will tell you if how much you are short, over, or if you are good to go.
- The software will tell you how much you are short when you start. Start from counting the pennies you have in your cash drawer and enter them into the appropriate field and then count your nickels, dimes, quarters and dollar bills starting from $1 all the way up to the $100 bills.
- Once you are done counting your cash the software will tell you your cash count. look for the short, over or good to go message on the bottom right corner which will tell you if you are short, over or good to go and you may look over the tips provided in the window to help you count your cash properly.
Details regarding the shift
You can find shift details on the left side of the Cash count window. By scrolling down you can look into the details regarding your revenue, the cash that you spent, tax that was collected and the payment breakdown of the shift.
Revenue is the income that you received from the sales you made throughout the shift, or day. Under revenue, you can find details regarding the sales such as discounts, tax collected, total sale in batch and etc.
Details such as store expenses, cash pickups, and refunds are provided under Cash Spent.
The breakdown of the cash amount in your register is provided under the payment breakdown. It will tell you your starting cash, the cash you made and the total cash that should be present in your register according to the software's calculation.
Under tax collected details regarding the sales tax and the total tax that was collected will be provided.
Made using CellSmart POS Version 188.8.131.52 by Author F.K Published on 08/19/2016