When processing bill payments, you may have different portals that you use to make the bill payments. You may use Epay, Qpay, Boss Revolution, or any other provider that lets you make payments depending on carrier and the profit rates they provide. The way we handle this in CellSmart POS is by allowing you to have multiple providers which inside them have multiple carriers. When making a bill payment you first select the provider and then you are able to select from a list of carriers within the provider. The following is a representation of the relationship between providers and carriers.
As you may have noticed, each carrier is assigned one provider. You can not have one carrier assigned to more than one provider. However, this limitation is only checked through the name of the carrier so if you would like to have one carrier added to two different providers, all you will need to do is make sure the names are differentiated in some way.
Adding a Provider
- Within the menu bar go to Payment -> Manage Provider. The list of provider will open.
- Press the addition icon on the lower right corner of the data grid. The will open the Bill Payment provider creation window.
- Set the provider name.
- Set the URL of the provider. (Note that this is used for ePay Integration. This will not work for providers other than ePay at the moment.)
- It is optional to add a policy under the carrier you are creating by pressing on Edit Policy. This policy will be printed anytime you make a bill payment from this provider.
This is all that is required for add a provider. The next step you may want to take is to add carriers to this new provider.
Adding a Carrier
There are two ways to access adding a carrier. While creating the provider you may click on Edit Carrier. This will save the provider and allow you to add carriers to it. You may also add carriers from within the Manage Provider. Select the provider which you would like to add carriers to and then press Manage Carrier(add icon) within the action menu on the top left corner of the data grid
- Select the carrier. If the carrier is not in the list select the parent carrier for the carrier that you would like to add. If neither the carrier nor the parent carrier are in the list provider, select "TopUp" as the carrier.
- Set the Display Name. This will be the name that is shown within carrier dropdown when making a bill payment. This is also be the name that will show on the receipt.
- Set a product for the carrier. This product will be the actual product that is sold to the customer. The product will hold information like tax and cost. If product does not exist you will have the ability to create the product. Only products under the Payment category will be available to be chosen here. Another thing to note is that the name of this product is what is shown when a payment is added to an invoice.
- If the payment for a carrier requires an addition fee you may toggle on Collect Fee. This will present you with the option to add a fee product that will show on the receipt. The fee type can be either fixed or percentage based as well as the cost of the fee. If you would like the fee to be added to your total payment amount within your reports you may toggle "Count Fee in Payment".
Saving a bill payment
Once you have the provider created and a carrier within the provider you may start making payment for that carrier. You can either make a payment using epay Integration or by saving a record of a payment.
To view any payment made under the provider go to the Payment tab within the menubar and within the list section, select the provider you would like to see payments for. From within the list of payment you will be able to view or edit any payment made.
I would also like to point out that the bill payment module can be used to utility payments. For example, you may add the portal you use for utility payments as the provider and then add the utility company as the carrier. When adding the carrier to the utility provider, the carrier's master carrier will be "Utility"