Store credit is a way of giving your customers a balance/credit to use in order to purchase items from your store. With store credit, your customers will be able to buy something from your store with the credit they have without paying. Store credit can be given in many cases. For example, if an item in your store is non-returnable and a customer comes in your store to return the item because it is damaged or not working. Instead of giving them cash back, you can give them store credit so they can use that credit to purchase any item/s from your store without paying.
Creating a store credit
- Click on the List tab.
- Then, click on the customer icon.
- Click on the Create store credit button .
- Enter the name of the customer in name field. If the customer does not exist the software will notify you and you may click OK and create the customer.
- Enter the amount of the store credit in the amount field.
- In the description, you may enter the reason for the store credit or any details regarding the store credit.
- Click save.
Viewing Store Credit
You can view your customer's store credit through the List tab or by entering their name in the customer's information box located towards the left on the main dashboard.
Using Store Credit
To use a Customer's store credit for sales you may:
- Enter the name of the customer in the customer's information box on the main dashboard.
- In the item code field, enter the name of the products that the customer is purchasing.
- Click Checkout.
- Select your Payment method as Store credit which is located at the bottom of the checkout window.
- Enter the amount of store credit you are using in the store credit amount field.
- Click save.
How to give Store Credit:
Made using CellSmart POS Version 126.96.36.199 by Author F.K Published on 08/19/2016